Selling a home requires teamwork—a partnership—with all partners contributing to the end goal: a sale! The following is a list of requirements critical to your sale. Keep in mind that the more information you provide a buyer, the more apt they will be to make a decision about your home.
THE FOLLOWING ARE THE REQUIREMENTS TO BE A CERTIFIED SERIOUS SELLER
SELECT AND INTERVIEW A REALTOR – Not all realtors are equal; what are their success stories? Interview realtors to ensure you have the right “fit” you need to assist you achieve your ultimate goal: the sale of your home. Things to consider are:
- What percentage of list price do they achieve compared to the market?
- How many days until they deliver an agreement to you?
- What “team” support do they offer?
- What success has their agency achieved?
- What is their marketing program for your property?
STAGING OF HOME – There must be a willingness to work with Holly to prepare your home for sale, to make it more inviting to attract a buyer.
Here are some suggestions that will improve the appearance of your home and make it look new and inviting:
- Fresh paint, new carpeting, and new flooring improve the presence of your home.
- Fresh/manicured landscaping and exterior painting improve the exterior presence of your home.
- If needed, replace bedding with new coordinating bedding and throw pillows, artwork, and décor to compliment the paint. Enhance bedrooms with additional furniture that blends well with the décor.
- Kitchen, Living Room, Dining Room, and Family Room – Have the kitchen, living room, dining room, and family room decorated and appointed to complement the paint. Depersonalize and declutter as much as possible.
- Have your home professionally cleaned.
POSITION HOME BASED ON MARKET NOT NEED – See chart
SELLERS DISCLOSURE FORM – Fill out a Sellers Disclosure Form. Completing this form helps to represent the property properly with the best and most accurate information.
PROPERTY INFORMATION FORM – Fill out a Property Information Form. Completing this form helps to represent the property properly with the best and most accurate information.
INVENTORY APPROVAL – Sample Inventory
HOME INSPECTION AND REPAIRS – Sample Home Inspection Report. Having your own home inspection and completing necessary repairs ensures the buyer that the home is well cared for.
TERMITE INSPECTION – Sample Pest Inspection Report. Having a Pest Inspection performed ensures the buyer that the home is free from termites. Conversely, you can provide a copy of your most current pest inspection/service report.
ADDITIONAL HELPFUL ITEMS – SURVEY, TITLE WORK, INSURANCE DOCUMENTS, RENTAL INCOME, AND CONDO DOCS